cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensor Fusion Version 7.0

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Mike,

I am using import "baremetal_mult2b_frdmk64f" and works fine KDS 3.2.0. These files are shared with other projects as well. Whenever I change the file, it will affect the other project.

Now, I am trying to build the independent project with the same function as sample project by using wizard 2.x. Could you tell what kind of files need to be copied into my new project? Or is there better way to generate the independent project?

Thanks,

Christie

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Christie,

I use IAR for my daily work and haven't touched KDS in almost a year.  So I can't give tool specific advice.  That said, I assume you are wanting to make modifications to a sensor fusion source file and not have it affect other projects?  My standard operating procedure is to:

1. copy one of the template projects
  2. make a copy of the file in question and drop it into my new design's directory
  3. delete the original file reference (in the new project) in the development tool (KDS in this case)
  4. import the new copy into the project
  5. modify the new copy as much as you like

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Mike,

You guys ported the version 5.0 to 7.0 by using KSDK 2.0 with KDS tool, right?

Could you help me to find the guy in your group to help me out on this?

I did the similar work on V5.0, but using KDS 3.0.0 with KSDK1.2...

Is there a big difference between Version 5.0 and version 7.0 on sensor fusion?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Christie,

Yes, there are major changes between 5.00 and 7.00.  These were covered in quite some detail in prior postings in this same space.  Briefly:

• CodeWarrior was dropped.  IAR was added.
  • IDE-independent software based upon the NXP Kinetis Software Development Kit (KSDK).

• The Fusion Library no longer requires Processor Expert for component configuration.

• Supports both bare-metal and RTOS-based project development.

• Library code is now RTOS agnostic

• Optional standby mode powers down power-hungry sensors when no motion is detected.

• 9-axis Kalman filters require significantly less MIPS to execute

• All options require significantly less memory than those in the Version 5.xx library.

The 7.00 development process was not as you imagine.  All development work on 7.00 was done using the IAR toolsuite.  At the end of that process, a colleague of mine developed scripts to integrate the 7.00 library into the SDK environment.  Part of this was creation (via project templates based on my handcrafted 7.00 examples) of the sensor fusion example programs you see in the SDK.  This includes the KDS, Atollic and GCC project files.  The scripts he created were manually developed and run only in the internal NXP SDK generation environment.

I believe there is something called "Kinetis SDK Project Generator Tool" that you can use to create a standalone copy of an existing KDS project.  It creates local copies of all referenced files.  Maybe that is what you are after.  Google "Kinetis SDK Project Generator Tool" to find the download link.  I have not tried this tool myself, and so cannot give better guidance.  You would need to post in one of the other NXP community pages for that.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Mike,

I tried this tool before and looks like it can't copy the original files to local use. But, I asked this question in KDS forum and hope it can do it now...

Could you have any one who can generate this kind of project for me based on "freertos_mult2b_frdmk64f" demo project?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Christie,

Please see https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-333635 for a zip file to download.

FYI, this was the first time I tried the tool. It is easy, and anyone should be able to do it themselves.  I don't have KDS installed to do a test compile, but the IAR version compiled and linked with no problem.  So indications are good the other tools should work OK too.

Mike

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Mike,

The project is working fine in KDS 3.2.0

I tried "KSDK Project Generator V2.1, but I can't generate the same project. Could you tell me if I use the right version and what is option I should choose, "CLONE", or "NEW"

Another question not related to this: How long do I need to wait in order to get the right heading after power on my module? I am using V5.0 fusion with 9DOF...

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Mike,

I tried the newer version 2.3 and still can't generate the required project. Just standard project, but not for baremetal fusion project...

I am using wrong tool or wrong settings?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Christie,

You have to "clone" the existing K64F project contained within the SDK.

As to "how long" to correct heading from startup - it depends on the quality of the magnetic calibration constellation (you should know this by now).  Have you stored magCal parameters in flash?  Is the current environment (i.e. temperature) roughly the same as when those parameters were recorded?  If you haven't stored the magCal parameters in flash, then you need to move the DUT to get enough points in the constellation for a decent calibration.  The best I can tell you is to experiment with the magnetics tab of the sensor fusion toolbox.

MIke

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Mike,

When I select "clone" and available project is under /demo_apps, I can't select any project for sensor fusion.

See attached doc...

Could you generate a baremetal standalone project for me?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Mike,

Could you generate the baremetal version for me by using your tool because my tool does not work?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Christie,

I would rather that you learn to do this yourself.  You are looking in the wrong place for the example apps.  In the SDK, look for:

SDK_2.1_FRDM-K64F/boards/frdmk64f_mult2b/issdk_examples/algorithms/sensorfusion.

If you don't see this, it means that you did not select the "issdk" option when you generated the SDK at https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/welcome.  Click on the "Build an SDK" option there and follow the prompts.

Mike

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Mike,

I am trying to build it by myself...

I downloaded KSDK in AUG, 2016 with ISSDK 1.0 in it and I can build the fusion samples as well...

I am trying to download the new KSDK for FRDM-K64F. But when I tried it and there is no option for ISSDK on the recommended link...Could you tell me if I did something wrong?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Mike,

After I downloaded the new KSDK with ISSDK, then use the tool v2.3 and it works fine.

I generate the baremetal for fusion and work as well...

Thank you for your help

Christie

0 Kudos