mc9s12hy64 crystal gain control, Where is the register, I can't find and use it

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mc9s12hy64 crystal gain control, Where is the register, I can't find and use it

hongjianzhang
Contributor III

We now have problems in using this mcu, that is the EMI ablity is weak,and an engineer tell us this mcu have oscillator gain control function, but in the datasheet we didn't find it;  

Can anyone tell us?

Labels (1)
2 Replies

lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

our older MCUs contains selection option of two different Pierce oscillator circuitries. They are "loop controled" and "full swing". This MCU, however, contains only loop controlled option and internal RC oscillator. If you do not need absolute exact timing, as necessary for example for CAN, you can use internal RC oscillator as a clock source for your application.

There is no gain control feature implemented.

Following also relates to my previous response. Do you have TEST pin grounded. I hope you have all unused pins correctly connected as well as all unused interrupt solved with some interrupt catcher to be able to catch all unexpected event (especially during debugging).

Interrupt catcher = all interrupts have own service routine which calls common function with identification number as a parameter. Then it is enough to have breakpoint set within the common function to catch all unexpected event.

Best regards,

Ladislav.

hongjianzhang
Contributor III

Thank you for your answer, we will try another way

0 Kudos