cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PF0100 VGEN5 and VGEN6 Incorrect Output Voltages

atillametetured
Contributor V

Greetings,

On our custom design when I read the registers 0x70 and 0x71 of PMIC, I get the values 0x00010000 which are correct settings for 1.8V output. However I get 2.3V and 2.6V output from these regulators. All input and output capacitors are there and they are fed by 4.4V at the input.

Can someone please point out what might be wrong? All other rails are correct on the PMIC.

Note 1: There is a design problem where all VIN[3:1] are fed from 4.4V. This is above the limit of VIN1 and VIN2 however I am getting correct output values for VGEN3 and VGEN4. VIN3 is just wtihin the limit 4.5V. I do not suppose this might be causing the problem, any ideas?

Note 2: I do not have a LICELL installed as I am making the tests.

Regards,

Mete

Labels (1)
2 Replies

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mete,

Can you please read registers 0xD8 and 0xDC from extended page 1 to check the OTP configuration for the VGEN 5 and VGEN 6 registers, please?

And also, can you please let me known how are you connecting the VDDOTP pin?

Have a great day,
Jose

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

atillametetured
Contributor V

Hi Jose,

Problem turned out to be caused by a misdesigned voltage translator. Now I can read the values correctly. Thanks for your reply.

Best Regards,

Mete

0 Kudos