Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant get my Cyclone programming FRDM-KL27

Jump to solution
carlnormansuret
Contributor V

Hi Guys,

I have a service request with PE Micro, but no response in 24 hours, im in a panic, i need to get this working ASAP. Maybe someone can share a solution.

Attached is the document i made with pictures and explanation. After 20 years of doing this, its honestly a little to hard for a simple job.

Read the document for details, but a quick summary; Basically I learnt you cant make your own adapter for the Cyclone MAX for SWD programming as they "do something special" on their external adapter to enable SWD programming mode. My understanding (from endless googling) is all it does is short Pin 3 and 10 on Port B of the cyclone (which translates to something on Port E being shorted). I have done this and nothing happens. I have the hello world basic FRDM KL27 application, works perfectly through openSDA, nothing through cyclone, reset is low, nothing changes.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
carlnormansuret
Contributor V

For anyone else that has this problem, there are some serious issues with the cyclone documentation!

This is the correct diagram for Port E:

pastedImage_1.png

You have to short out (so its easy) port B pins 3 and 10 to enable SWD mode

My problem was there is two diagrams, and hte flash configuration tool tells you to use the wrong one.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
carlnormansuret
Contributor V

For anyone else that has this problem, there are some serious issues with the cyclone documentation!

This is the correct diagram for Port E:

pastedImage_1.png

You have to short out (so its easy) port B pins 3 and 10 to enable SWD mode

My problem was there is two diagrams, and hte flash configuration tool tells you to use the wrong one.

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Carl,

Thanks for your sharing .

BR

Alice