cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KSDK Support for NXP-FRDM-KW019032

bhupendraprajap
Contributor II

Hello there,

I have purchased an NXP-FRDM-KW019032 board having MKW01Z128CHN ARM-Cortex M0+ family MCU which has development support with IAR Studio Workbench only. Since IAR is a proprietary software and free version comes with code size limitations, I cannot afford to use it. By exploring through various IDE documentations, I found Kinetis Design Studio IDE to be free and easy to work with but  among almost Kinetis's W series microcontrollers, KSDK Support is available only for FRDM-KW24 that is an ARM-Cortex-M4 based board.

As I am new to NXP's Development boards, I Do not know much about working around with this board. Please help me out with your valuable suggestions to overcome this and make the board programmable somehow so that my investment in this board do not go in vain. I will be extremely grateful to you.

Thank You !

Labels (1)
3 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bhupendra,

Unfortunately, the kw01 stack is only supported by IAR. All the connectivity software, the examples codes are in IAR. You can use KSDK for the peripherals and register for the MCU, but the stack is not supported by KSDK.

Best Regards,

Mario

bhupendraprajap
Contributor II

Thanks Mario,

Sorry if my queries are amateur but Kinetis has provided a wireless connectivity software to work around with KSDK1.3 would it be sufficient? Do I need to go for purchasing IAR Studio workbench for utilising its wireless stack or free version would suffice? As an Individual I can't afford to purchase it.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bhupendra,

Yes, you need IAR Studio workbench for use the wireless connectivity software.

But you can use the KSDK for develop ore create your custom wireless stack, but as you know we provide support for our wireless stack, supported just in IAR.

Best Regards,

Mario