Help with .dts files (imx6)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with .dts files (imx6)

charlieschultz
Contributor II

I am using an imx6ulevk (no LCD connected). I'm trying to use a few of the LCD lines to toggle some LEDs that I've added to the board (specifically DATA00 - DATA02, aka GPIO3.5 - GPIO3.7).

I've modified the imx6ul-14x14-evk.dts file (attached as imxtul-oib.dts) and compiled it. Then I copy it to my NFS folder and run netboot on the evk to load the kernel, dtb file, etc.

I then go to /sys/class/gpio. I can export the GPIO pins (e.g. echo 70 > export) I'm using and write the direction and value settings, but the GPIO lines (LEDs) do not toggle.

Is there something else that I'm not doing, and is my .dts file ok?

Thanks in advance,

Charlie

Original Attachment has been moved to: imx6ul-oib.dts.zip

0 Kudos
4 Replies

charlieschultz
Contributor II

Thanks all. Memtool showed me that the mux pins were not getting set for gpio. Adding them to the "hog" list in the .dts file fixed that and I can now toggle the LEDs. I'm still a bit unclear as to why the pinctrl_gpio3 definition didn't do the same thing.

0 Kudos

piyushashtikar
Contributor II

Please consider to mark the answer as "correct" .

It will help other users who face similar problem.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

piyushashtikar
Contributor II

I suggest first of all using memtool utility check if IOMUX register for specific pad is set correctly. (refer iMX Reference Manual for addresses od register)

ie. if that pin is really configured as a GPIO.

Secondly refer this url: GPIO (Linux) 

Regards,

Piyush Ashtikar

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Charlie

please check

Simple GPIO Example - quandry | NXP Community 

also may be useful to remove lcd configs from uboot.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos