cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding free GPIO Interrupt Pin in IMX515

prabhur
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using IMX51 EVK board.Trying to build IMX51 EVK BSP for WEC7 OS.I need one free gpio interrupt pin to receive the interrupts.

Can someone suggest any free gpio pin unused and which can be used as interrupt pin (or) better gpio pin might be used for other peripherals but can also be used for interrupt.

Regards,

Prabhu

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

prabhur
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

I have build IMX51 BSP for WEC7 and got the boot files(NK.nb0,eboot.nb0).Using the CFImager.exe tool i have flashed the

boot files (NK.nb0,eboot.nb0) into the SD card using the command as mentioned in the wec7 user guide.I have inserted the

SD card on slot 1 and powered on the device in "SD/MMC boot mode".In boot menu option i have selected the following

configuration.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freescale iMX SOC Menu Item
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[0] IP Address : 0.0.0.0
[1] Set IP Mask : 0.0.0.0
[2] Boot Delay : 3
[3] DHCP : Enabled
[4] Reset to Factory Default Configuration
[5] Select Boot Device : NK from SD/MMC
[6] Set MAC Address : ff-ff-ff-ff-ff-ff
[7] Format OS NAND Region
[8] Format All NAND Regions
[9] Bootloader Shell
[I] KITL Work Mode : Interrupt
[K] KITL Enable Mode : Disable
[P] KITL Passive Mode : Disable
[S] Save Settings
[D] Download Image Now
[L] Launch Existing Flash Resident Image Now
[E] Select Ether Device : USB Serial
[M] MMC and SD Utilities : ESDHC[1] is activated

After saving the configuration i have selected "Download Image Now" option but the image is not downloading and got  following debug prints on the serial.

+InitSpecifiedEthDevice
   INFO: BootDevice - USB Serial.
   INFO: Waiting for Platform Builder to connect...
   usbdbgpdd: +UsbDbgPdd_Init

If you got anything,share me the info.Looking forward for your reply.

Regards,

Prabhu

0 Kudos

prabhur
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the Info.

Regards,

Prabhu

0 Kudos

prabhur
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the reply.The J16 port(EMI and NAND x8 Expansion Port) on the EVK board has two GPIO pins,
PinNum: 1(GPIO3_30) and 21(GPIO2_20).Can we use one of these two pins as interrupt pin for our external device? 

Can you see (PageNum:23) and confirm it once with the schematic?.Looking forward for your reply.

http://www.nxp.com/products/power-management/switching-regulator/i.mx51-evaluation-kit:MCIMX51EVKJ?t...

Regards,

Prabhu

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Prabhu

yes any gpio pin can be use as interrupt source.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

prabhur
Contributor I

Hi igor,

Thanks for the reply.I have gone through EIM and NAND signals on J16 EMI and NAND x8 Expansion Port which is present in the Generic Reference Design file under IMX51_EVK16_DESIGN_FILES.
The J16 port on the EVK board has no pins exposed and it seems like difficult to take the GPIO pin from it.
Also,can u explain the phrase "please check p.23 EVK schematic" in your last reply.
You mean to say p.23 means pin number 23.
If possible can you tell me any alternative way of getting free GPIO pin from the IMX51 EVK board.

Regards,

Prabhu

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Prabhu

"p.23 EVK schematic" meant page 23.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Prabhu

one can look at EIM and NAND signals on J16 EMI and NAND x8 Expansion Port,

please check p.23 EVK schematic

Schematics (1)
IMX51_EVK16_DESIGN_FILES(REV 2.0)
http://www.nxp.com/products/power-management/switching-regulator/i.mx51-evaluation-kit:MCIMX51EVKJ?t...

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos