cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCHC11F1CFNE4 non-volatile memory

matthias1
Contributor I

Hello erveryone!

I have a problem with this microcontroller. I need to repair a Board with this controller, but if I use a new controller with the same part number (MCHC11F1CFNE4) the board does not run correctly. So I thought there is everything in the EEPROM, but reading with JBUG11, the EEPROM is empty.

Is there a other place in the controller, to make it unique?

Thanks für any help in advanced!

Best wishes

Matthias

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

tonyp
Senior Contributor II

Yes, you also need to check the CONFIG register is programmed with the appropriate value for your specific hardware configuration.  Unfortunately, the original value used may not be easy to determine as it is a bit tricky to read CONFIG correctly by bootstrapping the MCU (because the value you read is the one latched during the last reset, not necessarily the value in the EEPROM cell -- read section 4.3.2.1 in the datasheet for the F1).  You may need to experiment a bit.  If you understand how your hardware is supposed to be configured (memory mapped), it will be easier.

matthias1
Contributor I

Thank you very mutch!

The CONFIG Register was the reason.

I need some time to understand the use of the old tools and the controller...

I wrote a program, which read CONFIG and send the byte via SCI. Burn it into EEPROM, because I nedd expended mode. Now, I know the byte and worte a program to write it into the new controller.

Thanks a lot.

Matthias

0 Kudos