AnsweredAssumed Answered

LS1012a peripheral mode gadget ethernet not working as per section 6.9.3 of SDK doc

Question asked by David Dailey on Dec 16, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 21, 2016 by David Dailey

I have a custom LS1012A board that is very similar to the FRDM board, just with USB connected in device(peripheral) mode.  In section 6.9.3 of SDK 0.4 doc, it describes connecting device ethernet over USB using g_ether module.  I see multiple issues. First the " USB Peripheral Controller (Freescale Highspeed USB DR Peripheral Controller) --->" option is not available in LAYERSCAPE processors, so it cannot be selected in the kernel as directed.  If I change Kconfig in kernel to allow fsl_usb2_udc.ko to build, it will not build without errors.  So I try the instructions without this module, and g_ether module fails to load.  The u_rndis module is also not present and I do not see this in the kernel selections.  I have confirmed the bootargs have the usb peripheral mode selected as shown below.  The device tree entries for usb follow the FRDM reference board, and the peripheral mode is selected by the bootargs I show below rather than changing the device tree.

root@ls1012afrdm:~# modprobe udc-core
root@ls1012afrdm:~# modprobe configfs
root@ls1012afrdm:~# modprobe libcomposite
root@ls1012afrdm:~# modprobe u_ether
root@ls1012afrdm:~# modprobe u_rndis
modprobe: FATAL: Module u_rndis not found.
root@ls1012afrdm:~# modprobe usb_f_rndis
root@ls1012afrdm:~# modprobe usb_f_ecm
root@ls1012afrdm:~# modprobe usb_f_ecm_subset
root@ls1012afrdm:~# modprobe g_ether
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'g_ether': No such device
root@ls1012afrdm:~# cat /proc/cmdline
console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/ram0 earlycon=uart8250,mmio,0x21c0500 fsl_ddr:bank_intlv=auto usb1:dr_mode=peripheral,phy_type=ulpi

Can you show me the correct configuration/commands to get device mode ethernet working on a system similar to the FRDM?

Thank you.

Dave

Outcomes