I am trying to erase the flash on a 9S12dt128.  I can not seem to erase the segment starting at $EE00.  It will not erase when commanded to.  It stays at $FF for the values.  The protection is turned off for this area.  Why is it not erasing?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to erase the flash on a 9S12dt128.  I can not seem to erase the segment starting at $EE00.  It will not erase when commanded to.  It stays at $FF for the values.  The protection is turned off for this area.  Why is it not erasing?

andrewharkenrid
Contributor I

Flash erase not working on segment $EE00.  The protection is off. Why is it not erasing?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

the flash module is not able to E/W the block of the memory the code is executed from. The solution is to use independent memory as RAM to be able to E/W any part of flash.

Look into flash.h of attached project to see how the RAM code is solved. The project is written for DG128 or DT256 but difference is only in some peripherals in the first case and memory size in the second case. Your description is very simple without code example so I hope I have found the issue.

Best regards,

Ladislav

0 Kudos