cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KINETIS EXPERT TOOS OFFLINE

arimendes
Contributor III

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to use the KEx Tools in a PC without internet connection.

When I run the KEx Toots the message shows up: "Network is not available or offline mode is on and no data has been downloaded yet."

I tested it in a PC with windows 7 64 bits.

Ari.

Labels (1)
10 Replies

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ari,

you have to download processor specific data first. One the configuration is created for the processor, go to Preferences and select "Work offline"

Regards

Marek

0 Kudos

arimendes
Contributor III

Hi Merek,

Where to download the processor specific data? (MKV58F1M0VLL24)

And how to add this file to the KExTools V2.0?

Ari.

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ari,

if the download does not work for you and you do NOT have the Offline settings checked (in the Preferences), you might be using proxy for your internet connection. By default the system proxy is used, you can try change the preferences to go to the web directly (in case the proxy is used for intranet).

Anyway if it does not work for you please let me know:

1) from your browser are you able to connect to http://mcuxpresso.nxp.com ?

2) are you using proxy ?

3) what operating system do you use (EDIT: I can see you are using Windows 7 64 bits

4) there is LOG file located here <home directory>/.nxp/swtools.log. You can attach it to see if any problem is recorder there regarding the connection

If we fail to resolve the issue, I can send you a ZIP with the data for MKV58F1M0xxx24(MKV58F1M0VLL24)

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos

ufukbuyuksahin
Contributor II

Hi,

Is there a way to manually download required files? We dont have permission install an application on internet PCs. Therefore we have similar problem. We are currently working with MK66FN2M0xxx18.

Yes, there is an online version, however it is too slow in our internet PCs.

0 Kudos

CJarvis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

There is a way to manually request processor data be downloaded for a particular device or family of devices within the tool.

The process is documented in the help content under "Advanced Features" -> "Export processor data"

This process with allow you to manually download the specific device data in an environment with suitable internet access, then continue using the tool in an offline fashion as detailed in the thread above.

Additionally the data can be downloaded to a custom location and following the steps in the help dialog "Advanced Features" -> "Tool advanced configuration" it documents the steps to configure a tool to use data from a custom directory location.

With these steps it would be possible to download data on one machine and then transfer the device data to the development machine without internet access.

0 Kudos

ufukbuyuksahin
Contributor II

Hi Clark, thank you for quick reply.

"Manually" I meant without application. The problem is I am not allowed to install an application on connected PCs. Additionally, we also have proxy which will possibly be a problem even if I manage to run it on a connected PC. Therefore download and export method does not work for me :smileysad:  Is there a direct link for processors data? or at least for MK66FN2M0xxx18. or if possible could you send it as .zip?

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

there's no URL for downloading particular processors.

Please extract content of the attached zip file into this directory: c:\ProgramData\NXP\mcu_data_v3\processors\

Start the tool, the processor should be found automatically.

Regards,

Libor

ufukbuyuksahin
Contributor II

Thank you Libor, it worked.

Additionally, I have added an xml file named ksdk2_0_info.xml in mcu_data folder with following content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> 
<swtools_data>
   <data name="KSDK 2.0" id="ksdk2_0" description="Kinetis SDK 2.0" version="1.0"/> 
</swtools_data>‍‍‍‍
0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

sorry, you are right, you need this file too - it should be created in the proper place when the tool is launched for the first time. I forgot to include it (it is also present at <install_dir>\mcu_data\offline_data.zip)

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ari,

just connect computer to the internet and create new configuration for your processor. The data will be downloaded automatically. 

Regards

Marek

0 Kudos