P5040 based target does not boot on power up(No boot log on console)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P5040 based target does not boot on power up(No boot log on console)

rammurmu
Contributor III

Hi,

I have a custom target based on P5040DS-PB. It is designed as per the P5040DS-PB demo board. The flash and DDR configurations are same as the demo board.

In my custom target the boot location is NOR flash (16-bit). The NOR flash is programmed with u-boot, RCW and microcode along with other images (uImage, dtb, ramdisk image) in both the banks (Current as well as Alternate bank).

Now on setting the source of RCW location(cfg_rcw_src[0:4]) to 16-bit NOR flash and on powering up the target, the boot log does not appear on the console. On using the JTAG tool to boot the target , the Program Counter(PC) shows the address as 0xEFFA2150. On running using the tool and then stopping , the PC does not increase and it always remains at 0xEFFA2150.

In other case when RCW source is changed to 11000(cfg_rcw_src[0:4] Hard coded RCW) and on powering up the target, the boot log does not appear on the console either. On trying to boot using the JTAG tool, the PC does not increase in this case also and the PC always stuck at 0x00000000.

I believe with the hard coded option as RCW , my target should have booted up.

Please advise how to proceed for debugging.

Regards

Ram

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

rammurmu
Contributor III

Hi ufedor,

We are verifying points 1.  and 2. as highlighted in your previous reply and an update shall be provided soon.

While debugging the u-boot source , the exact source code location where it stuck is the following -

U-boot source file : source/lib/linux_string.c

Function : char *skip_spaces(const char *str)

Source code Line where it stuck :   ++str;

Is it going to help us in any way to find the root cause ?

Regards

Ram

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No.

It could indicate that memory containing the code does not operatw properly.

0 Kudos

rammurmu
Contributor III

After some workaround in the hardware , now in both the cases , i.e. RCW source from 16-bit NOR flash as well as RCW source from Hard coded option (11000) , the Program Counter (PC) stops at 0xEFFA2150. The PC starts from 0xFFFFFFFC and stops at 0xEFFA2150. No dump of u-boot is there on the console.

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

>On running using the tool and then stopping , the PC does

> not increase and it always remains at 0xEFFA2150.

Please use CodeWarrior debugger to determine cause of the issue.

Also it could be useful to doublecheck the processor connection schematics paying special attention to the following:

1) LGPL4 has pull-up

2) All other notes after the EC "Table 1. Pins listed by bus" are fulfilled

0 Kudos