Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMIC MC34VR500 Questions....

mindchasers
Contributor III

Hello,

Regarding the MC34VR500,

1) Can I combine the outputs of the LDOs to increase the total current delivered to a particular node?  If so, are there any special rules I need to follow?  For example, can I tie the outputs of LDO4 and LDO5 together?

2) Figure 16 of Rev 4 datasheet (SW2 Efficiency) shows a VOUT of 3.15, but the IC doesn't specify an output this high for SW2 (VMAX is 1.975).  Please provide information on how this figure (3.3V) was generated using SW2.

Thank you

Bob

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

1) You should not connect the outputs of the LDOs to increase the total current. The LDOs will not share load current properly. For the current balance serial resistors from the outputs to the load will be needed. The combination of the LDO regulators also may could cause the internal control loops instability, forcing the output to be very noisy.

2) For sure it is a misprint. The 3.15 V diagram should be ignored.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos