iMX6 PCIE range not found

Jump to solution
randysilagi
Contributor II

I have a Sabre i.MX6 Solox board.  The PCIe bus fails with:

imx6q-pcie 8ffc000.pcie: phy link never came up
imx6q-pcie 8ffc000.pcie: DEBUG_R0: 0x00cb8300, DEBUG_R1: 0x08200000
imx6q-pcie 8ffc000.pcie: failed to initialize host: ret: -22

I have tracked this to pcie-designware.c::dw_pcie_host_init->of_pci_parse_bus_range(np, &pp->busn);

This function of_pci_parse_bus_range is looking for the "bus-range" property.  I assume that property is coming from one of the DTS files.  This version is comprised of 3 DTS included to create the one being used, imx6sx-sdb.dts.    None of the DTS files have any "bus-range".  I'm wondering if the "ranges" would from imx6sx.dtsi would work.  Maybe the property name is justed spelled wrong, again?

If anyone has any ideas about why the "bus-range" property can't be found please let me know.

Randy Silagi

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Randy

one can look at linux/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pci/designware-pcie.txt

linux-2.6-imx.git - Freescale i.MX Linux Tree 

and try to add this property using example

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Randy

one can look at linux/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pci/designware-pcie.txt

and try to add this property using example

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!