AnsweredAssumed Answered

Getting Started with i.MX 6Q

Question asked by Peter Paquette on Dec 9, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 20, 2016 by gusarambula

We are building a custom i.MX 6Q based computing module based on the SABRE Platform for Smart Devices.

The main issue we are having is finding all the pieces of documentation and software for creating a custom build.

I have stumbled upon many resources by googling and finding links to the nxp.community forums and many old links to freescale documents but I have no idea if they are the latest versions or if they even work together.  Why is there no "one" repository with all the documentation and software tools for developing custom bootloaders, kernel images, drivers, etc?  If I have overlooked it, please let me know, but I have been searching for a while.  For instance, this site (NXP community for iMX) has a link under "Design Resources" for "i.MX 6 Series Software and Development Tools" -> that leads to nothing.  That's right, nothing.  Just a generic NXP page.  You can navigate through about 5 levels from there to find the generic i.MX 6Q page and under the "Software and Tools" tab you can find some of the tools you need, but not all.

What I want?  Simple.

1) A simple powerpoint or checklist showing the tools I need, the order to employ them in, and the outputs from one stage to the inputs of the next stage to bring this complicated process to its knees and the bend the will of the i.MX 6 platform to my whims.

2) A single repository where I can download the tools listed above.

Thank you.

Outcomes