Is it possible to change the firmware of the CodeWarrior USB TAP debugger?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change the firmware of the CodeWarrior USB TAP debugger?

Jump to solution
petkotabakov
Contributor I

Is it possible to reprogram the firmware of CWH-UTP-ONCE-HE CodeWarrior USB TAP (for ONCE DSC) with firmware for
ColdFire (CWH-UTP-CF-HE)? I believe the hardware is the same, only a cross connector for BDM is needed. The problem
is that USB TAP for ColdFire is discontinued, and only the model for ONCE DSC is available on the market. CodeWarrior v7.1

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As far as I remember, "USB TAP" design is based on MPC8xx processor, so - theoretically yes, it should not have anything one time programmable or protected from reprogramming. The only protection here is - you will need a specific BDM-version of USB TAP for PowerQUICC 1 (MPC8xx processors) to do that. Reprogramming over USB connection is not possible.

USB TAP for PowerQUICC® I|NXP 

Note that officially we do not support any kind of USB TAP debug probe customization.

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As far as I remember, "USB TAP" design is based on MPC8xx processor, so - theoretically yes, it should not have anything one time programmable or protected from reprogramming. The only protection here is - you will need a specific BDM-version of USB TAP for PowerQUICC 1 (MPC8xx processors) to do that. Reprogramming over USB connection is not possible.

USB TAP for PowerQUICC® I|NXP 

Note that officially we do not support any kind of USB TAP debug probe customization.

Have a great day,
Alexander

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos