AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to rectify FAULT5 being set while running FOC_Sensorless.slx on SPNZVM128 eval kit

Question asked by Shwetha Mangalore on Dec 8, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 19, 2016 by Radek Sestak

Dear All,

I would like to know about the working ( run the motor) of model FOC_Sensorless on the Evaluation kit MTRCKTSPNZVM128.

I have seen in community there is a request for model as in :
Where can I find "FOC_Sensorless. SLX"

I am working with the same model. I have generated .elf file and successfully flashed the controller via CodeWarrior MCU v10.6. I have also loaded .elf in S12ZVM_FOC_Sensorless.pmp in FREEMASTER tool as well to view the symbols.

But unfortunately when I try to run the motor with UserSpeedRequest set to 1000 rpm, via USB connection with FreeMaster 2.0, FAULT5 LED is set in controller. I just get a beep sound but motor doesnt run. However I have got plots as  attached.

Now even when the board is disconnected from FreeMaster still the FAULT5 LED is ON and sound is consistent irrespective of any input. The beep sound stops on clicked Reset button but again appear with some delay.

Is there any workaround to be done before running motor? How to reset the fault and successfully run the motor. Is it because the values are stored in EEPROM? Can I not reset this FAULT. Please guide me through this.

Please do the needful.

Kind Regards,
Shwetha M

Outcomes