Is it possible to run the QE8 Buss Speed at 16kHz with the Internal Reference Clock?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to run the QE8 Buss Speed at 16kHz with the Internal Reference Clock?

Rodo55
Contributor I
I'm trying to get the QE8 uC buss speed down to 16 kHz using the internal reference clock source. The lowest I can get it down to is 866 kHz.

Does anyone know if it can be lowered to 16 kHz and if so what the option settings should be in the ICS registers?

Thanks,
Rodo

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

peg
Senior Contributor IV
Hi Rodo,

I have not gone right through it but can't you get this (and lower) in FBILP mode?
Or are you talking about using the FLL?

0 Kudos

Rodo55
Contributor I
Hi Peg,

I wanted to let you know I was not able to get the FLL frequency down to 16kHz so I used the FBILP like you suggested and it works just fine. I got it down to 16kHz.

Thanks for your help.

Rodo
0 Kudos

Rodo55
Contributor I
Hi Peg,

I would like to use the FLL if possible, isn't it a more stable clock source than just the ICS?

I'm not sure about the specs on the ICS. I didn't find that spec in the QE8 reference where it states it's stability.

If it's not possible to get 16kHz with the FLL then I guess I'll have to try FBILP.

Thanks, :smileyhappy:

Rodo
0 Kudos

Rodo55
Contributor I
Oops, I miss wrote ICS where I should have written Internal Reference Clock (IRC).:smileysurprised:

I'm not sure of the stability of the IRC not ICS.
0 Kudos