cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lpc 824 DMA to GPIO

tvrklejelani
Contributor I

Hi,

i have problems driving lpc gpio port using dma. When i write with dma to any ram adress everything  works fine, but when i write to any of registers associated with gpio nothing happens.

My question is... Can 824 use dma to write to gpio.

Based on block diagram of 824, GPIO is connected to ARM M0+ but not to AHB..is this true?

Thx.

Labels (1)
4 Replies

tvrklejelani
Contributor I

Hi, it was a couple of years now, but for 824 it can't use DMA to access gpio, i was always getting dma erros.

And reason is that GPIO is "tightly" coupled to core. 

If your LPC has same architecture as on picture above, than i think it can not work. 

But if GPIO is connected to AHB bus and DMA is connected to it it might work. 

Does that uC has DMA?

BR/Tvrtko

javiervallori
Contributor III

Thank you! the uC has a DMA, and the GPIO seems to be connect to the AHB. But for some reason, setting DMA destination address to the GPIO has no effect.

0 Kudos

javiervallori
Contributor III

Did you finally find a solution? I'm having the same problem with a LPC11

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tvrkle JElani ,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and the opportunity to serve you.

In my opinion, the GPIO is connected to the APB bus, and it can work with the DMA engine.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos