Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MK10DX256VLK7 Flexbus

Jump to solution
quentinbarry
Contributor I

The manual I am reading at the moment confuses me.  It states:

"When Flexbus is used in a multiplexed configuration, the full 32 bit address is driven on the first clock of a bus cycle (address phase).  After the first clock, the data is driven on the bus (data phase).  During the data phase, the address is driven on the pins not used for data.  For example, in 16-bit mode, the lower address is driven on FB_AD15 - FB_AD0, and in 8-bit mode, the lower address is driven on FB_AD23 - FB_AD0"

This confuses me as the MK10DX256VLK7 only has FB_AD0 to FB_AD19.  My question is thus, does this MCU place the full 20-bit address on the bus - FB_AD0 - FB_AD19?  I only want to make use of an 8-bit wide data bus.  Which lines must I latch?  Must I latch FB_AD0 - FB_AD15?  If so, to which lines do I connect the data bus to?  Do I connect D0 - D7 to FB_AD0 - FB_AD7 or do I connect D0 - D7 to FB_AD8 - FB_AD15?

The bus is multiplexed, and I am only using an 8-bit data bus.  The manual I am reading is a little cryptic.  Please help.

Regards

Quentin

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

MK10DX256VLK7 chip with limited pin resource and related Flexbus module also with limited pin resource. As customer mentioned, it just provides FB_AD[0:19].

For customer want to use 8-bit port size, customer can use below configuration:

The Flexbus 8-bit data line using FB_AD[7:0] with FB_CSCR0 register [BLS] bit equal 1.

pastedImage_1.png

The address line, customer can use FB_AD[0:19] pins. How many pins should be used, which is based on the external connected memory size.

The hardware design, customer can use address latch chip, please refer TWR-K20D72M board Flexbus address latch circuit as an example:

pastedImage_135.png

Customer could download TWR-K20D72M board schematics from here.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

MK10DX256VLK7 chip with limited pin resource and related Flexbus module also with limited pin resource. As customer mentioned, it just provides FB_AD[0:19].

For customer want to use 8-bit port size, customer can use below configuration:

The Flexbus 8-bit data line using FB_AD[7:0] with FB_CSCR0 register [BLS] bit equal 1.

pastedImage_1.png

The address line, customer can use FB_AD[0:19] pins. How many pins should be used, which is based on the external connected memory size.

The hardware design, customer can use address latch chip, please refer TWR-K20D72M board Flexbus address latch circuit as an example:

pastedImage_135.png

Customer could download TWR-K20D72M board schematics from here.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos