cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The flash device algorithm was interrupted during execution." issue

fangfq
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using CodeWarrior 10.7 (The Eclipsed based one) build-in sample project for MPC5643L for the initial evaluation. The emulator I am using is P&E multilink.

I can connect/debug the microcontroller easily. However, when using the "Flash file to target" feature, I got errors everytime. The error message is:

fl::target -lc "LC for Simple Flash (1)"
fl::target -b 0x40000000 0x10000
fl::target -v off -l off
cmdwin::fl::device -d "MPC5643L_BOOKE" -o "1Mx32x1" -a 0x0 0xfffff
cmdwin::fl::protect all off
Beginning Operation ...
-------------------------
Performing target initialization ...
Start initializing the MCU ...
initialize Core_0 ...
reading SIUL.MIDR1 ...
c3f90004 <m>0x56433412</m> VC4.
Current MCU found as MPC5643L cut 2
reading SSCM.STATUS ...
c3fd8000 <m>0x9870a8e4</m> .p..
MCU found in lockstep mode.
initialize core registers for LockStep mode
init ECC SRAM 0x40000000:0x20000
SRAM initialized.
Get application entry point ...
Searching for boot sectors ...
Found boot sector at 0x0000 and entry point at 0x448.
Finish initializing the MCU.
Downloading Flash Diagnostics Driver ...
Reading flash ID ...
Unprotecting all sectors...
Unprotecting ...
Unprotect Command Succeeded
cmdwin::fl::image -f "C:\\Users\\shawn.yuan\\workspace\\MPC5643L_INTC-SW-VLE-LSM\\MPC5643L_INTERNAL_FLASH\\MPC5643L_INTC-SW-VLE-LSM.elf" -t "Auto Detect" -re on -r 0x0 0xfffff -oe off
cmdwin::fl::erase image
Beginning Operation ...
Auto-detection is successful.
File is of type Elf Format.

Downloading Flash Device Driver ...
Reading flash ID ...
Erasing Sector 0x00000000 to 0x00003FFF
Erasing Sector 0x00010000 to 0x0001BFFF
Erasing Sector 0x00020000 to 0x0002FFFF
Erasing ...
Erase Command Succeeded
cmdwin::fl::write
Using restricted address range 0x00000000 to 0x000FFFFF
Programming file C:\Users\shawn.yuan\workspace\MPC5643L_INTC-SW-VLE-LSM\MPC5643L_INTERNAL_FLASH\MPC5643L_INTC-SW-VLE-LSM.elf

Downloading Flash Device Driver ...
Reading flash ID ...

Downloading 0x00000008 bytes to be programmed at 0x00000000
Executing program ....
Error: Program failed. Flash driver reports the following error(s): The flash device algorithm was interrupted during execution.
Please check if the flash base address is correct or if there are any flash devices mapped inside the selected memory space.
If a custom target initialization file was used then check the following parameters: flash base address, flash bank size and flash
bank port size.
Please enable Verify Target Memory Writes in Target Configuration to check that the algorithm downloads correctly. If you are down
loading the algorithm to DDR try checking your DDR configuration.
Error: Program failed. Flash driver reports the following error(s): The flash device algorithm was interrupted during execution.
Please check if the flash base address is correct or if there are any flash devices mapped inside the selected memory space.
If a custom target initialization file was used then check the following parameters: flash base address, flash bank size and flash
bank port size.
Please enable Verify Target Memory Writes in Target Configuration to check that the algorithm downloads correctly. If you are down
loading the algorithm to DDR try checking your DDR configuration.

And I also tried to use CodeWarrior 5.9.0 (The classical one compare to the v10.7). The dowload is successful, meaning the program runs on board after powercycle/reset. So it shouldn't be a hardware problem.

Does anyone experience this issue before?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

1) You do not have to use Flash file to target feature for loading the code to the microcontroller. When you click debug button, code is load to microcontroller by default. Of course you can change the settings.

2) If you want to use Flash file to target feature, you have to choose correct Flash Configuration File for the task. For example, if you have created VLE project, you have to choose MPC5643L_VLE_INTFLASH.xml file.

Please check, if you use correct file and let me know, if it works on your side.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos