Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDD_SOC_CAP and VDD_PU_CAP must be equal, when VPU is turned off

Jump to solution
niklasmolin
Senior Contributor I

HI.

In the document IMX6DQCEC.pdf, on page 22, is says that VDD_SOC_CAP and VDD_PU_CAP must be equal.

What is the rule if I turn off the VPU?

I can see that my PMU_REG_CORE has the PU part set to "Power gated off" (0)

Would this violate that rule from document IMX6DQCEC.pdf or does the rule only apply when using the VPU?

Thanks,

Niklas

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Niklas

rule remains the same if one turns off the VPU

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Niklas

rule remains the same if one turns off the VPU

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

niklasmolin
Senior Contributor I

Hi Igor.

Thanks for the update.

Just another question regarding this.

When would it be appropriate to turn off the "PU" regulator?

When I look in the file imx6q-cpufreq.c (located in driver/cpufreq), it checks if the PU regulator is enabled.

But if the VDDPU always has to follow the VDDSOC, would that even be necessary to check that then (that the PU would be disabled)?

Thanks,

Niklas

0 Kudos
niklasmolin
Senior Contributor I

Thanks

0 Kudos