AnsweredAssumed Answered

Supply IMX6UL via PM3000

Question asked by Semir Fazlagic on Dec 2, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 5, 2016 by Semir Fazlagic

Dear Sir./Madam

We are in phase of developing our board based at IMX6UL +PM3000.

I read all available documents  and also some discussion at forum and I have yet some doubts about pins VDD_HIGH_IN and VDD_SNVS_IN.  Reading data sheet  of IMX6UL seems that these two domains are full independent, but

analyzing development guide IMX6ULHD6 (page 12) and thread: PF3000 PMIC questions,  Dec. 2015 

I understand that anyway there is some interaction between these two domains inside IMX6UL.

Unfortunately in official data sheet there is no any info about it and I have now some doubt

My system will not use any coin  and following your suggestion in thread (presented above) I decided to use in this way:

1) VSNVS output from PM3000 (pin 34) = 3V connect to VDD_SNVS_IN od IMX6UL via diode schotky

2) VDD_HIGH_IN will be connected  to fixed 3.3 (some regulator)

My question: Is this good approach and can I be sure (see page 12 of IMX6ULHD6) that VDD_SNVS_N domain of IMX6UL

will be supplied with 3V3 coming from VDD_HIGH_IN ? I understand in this way comments at page12 of IMX6ULHD6.

It is important for me, because I will use Tampers as GPIO and also other special signals supplied from VDD_SNVS_IN domain and I want to be sure that I/O levels will be 3V3 (not 3.0-0.3 = 2.7, if supplied from VDD_SNVS_IN pin)

I hope that my question is clear.

Thank in advance

Best regards

Outcomes