AnsweredAssumed Answered

T1024 10G port not consistently up

Question asked by Ram Krishnan on Nov 30, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 7, 2016 by Ram Krishnan

We have configured the T1024 to be in serdes protocol 0x99. With the 10G port attached to a Marvell Tranceiver 88X222M. Marvell has a training script which we run using the mdio commands in uboot and the problem is that the port passes traffic roughly around 3 out of 10 times (the fact that it works 3 times I would think indicates that the hardware path seems to be fine).  

I have forced the link to be up in the uboot for the 10G link. On the Marvell tranceiver it shows that the host side and port side links are all up.

But if I run a ping after a few tries it gives the errors that it runs out of txbds. I dump out the registers FE4E0200 to see if any packets are being transmitted and the counts do not increment. But in the cases it does work. I see the counters going up in FE4E0200 and FE4E0100.

The serdes registers seem to be all correct with configuration for XFI 10G. We tested all the clocks and they all seem to be fine.

Is there anything else we can look at the T1024 to try to isolate where the issue might be.

Thank you,

Ram Krishnan

Outcomes