HOW TO LOWER THE OUTPUT POWER OF THE WEIRELESS CHARGER USING FREEMASTER?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO LOWER THE OUTPUT POWER OF THE WEIRELESS CHARGER USING FREEMASTER?

ahmadhafidz
Contributor I

Hi guys,

I need ur help to debug to wct-5wtxauto using freemaster. probably trying to lower the output power so that when i charge my phone, less heat would prouduce. I guess so. Maybe it would lslower the charging time. But still i need to know where is the part in debug tab should i calibrate to lower the power. Read the manual but not so sure to actually just change the parameter by trial and error.

Thank you in advance. hope u guys can help me really soon.

1 Reply

mikeli
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ahmad,

Basically, transmitter(Tx, wct-5wtxauto) just adjust transfered the power according to the requirement of receiver(Tx, your phone), that means, if Rx require 1W power, Tx tranfer 1W power; if Rx require 5W power, Tx tranfer 5W power. So it is impractical to lower the Tx output power.

As your case, you mentioned "heat", your phone get hot when charging? what is your phone model?

Anyway, there is a parameter in freemaster GUI, which is for safety purpose. It lies in "Coil Params"->"Input Power Threshold(mW)", default 12000mW.  It means when the input power exceed 12W, the power transfer will stop. You may have a try(lower this threshold), though I don't think it meet your requirement.