cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading/running Kinetis app at offset

jarnoldbrown
Contributor II

#KDS #kinetis

I am developing an application that will ultimately have a bootloader which sits at 0x00000, and takes up 8k or so. I would like to be able to develop this app without having to include the bootloader in every iteration.

A while back, using an arm from Atmel, and their tools, I had the option to load the app at an offset address, and the programmer/debugger did something clever(wrote a value to the SCB->VOR register?) so that I could load and run the application at a higher address, regardless of whether or not there was bootloader code at 0x0000(I think).

Is there a way to achieve something similar using KDS and a P&E Multilink?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

KDS debug configuration can set executable offset.

pastedImage_1.png

For RAM based projects, the user may want to specify a PC value as an entry point for a secondary debug session. For FLASH based projects, please leave the Set PC checkbox and corresponding value box unchecked.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jarnoldbrown
Contributor II

Hi, I saw that, and wondered if it would work, but wasn't sure if the VTOR register would still be a problem. Anyhow, I will give it a try today.

Kind regards,

John

0 Kudos

jdavid75
Contributor I

Did this work for you?  I need to do the same thing and it didn't work for me...

0 Kudos