cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX Keil Project

csmgsarma
Contributor IV

Hi List,

I have recently installed MQX classic and Keil Ver5.22. I have a few reference projects with Keil Ver4 and MQX 3.8. I am able to build these reference projects. I need to port these projects to MQX 4.2.2 and create new projects for my current usage(this is my concern).

I installed Keil Ver 4.2.0, updated the patch and then MQX. After installation of MQX, I had installed "MDK_MQXViewer_AddOn" in my <instal_dir>\Freescale_MQX_4_2\tools\keil_extensions\uVision4.

When I try to create a new project, I am not able to find MQX options in the "Dynamic Runtime Environment", here:

pastedImage_2.png

Am I doing it right. I have checked some refs for this but couldnt find anything useful. 

Appreciate suggestions or references addressing this.

Best regards

Sarma

2 Replies

Caro-Kann
Contributor II

Hi csmgsarma,

I created the project through KSDK-Project-Generator.

01-KDSD_ProjectGenerator.jpg

In my case, I selected FRDM-K64 board, MQX and KEIL.

I had to add the following definitions after several errors:

DEBUG, CPU_MK64FN1M0VLL12, FRDM_K64F, FREEDOM, FSL_RTOS_MQX, PEX_MQX_KSDK = 1

After compiling the entire project, the errors were fixed, however, I couldn't start a task, being necessary to start with int main();

blinkError.png

I would like to start directly from main_task(),

Would someone tell me how to proceed?

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sarma:

MQX  supports Keil and was compiled and tested with Keil uVision version 5.14.0. The RTOS in run time environment you mentioned maybe refers to some pre-built libraries. For MQX we have separate software package MQX 4.2.

For creating project, I would suggest you use  BSPCloningWizard tool , which provides an easy way to make copies (clones) of BSP files and projects. You can start with the cloned project. This tool supports Keil

Please refer to the following document for more details.

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\doc\tools\uv4\MQX_uVision4_Getting_Started.pdf

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\doc\tools\MQX_BSP_Cloning_Wizard_Getting_Started.pdf

pastedImage_1.png

I hope it helps.

Have a great day,
Daniel