Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPP_TEST FCCU Configuration

Jump to solution
ahmedsoubky
Contributor II

Greetings, 

I was wondering how to configure the FCCU to monitor the VPP_TEST pin to ensure that it is kept low ? 

Thanks in advance, 

Best Regards,

Ahmed Soubky

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Yes, these faults are there exactly for this purpose.

Furthermore they monitor also unintended TEST mode entry due to other various reasons like MC_ME failure.

I recommend you to configure reset reaction on all TCU faults (40 -43) as TEST mode should be used only during factory testing.

Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ahmedsoubky
Contributor II

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the answer. 
We are using MPC5744p micro. 
Furthermore, there is a requirement to configure the FCCU to monitor the VPP_TEST pin to ensure it is kept low. 
Is it enough to configure a reset reaction to the faults 40,41,42, and 43 in the FCCU ? 
Kind Regards, 
Ahmed

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Yes, these faults are there exactly for this purpose.

Furthermore they monitor also unintended TEST mode entry due to other various reasons like MC_ME failure.

I recommend you to configure reset reaction on all TCU faults (40 -43) as TEST mode should be used only during factory testing.

Peter

0 Kudos
ahmedsoubky
Contributor II

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

FCCU can't monitor VPP_TEST pin. FCCU can monitor only faults described in FCCU chapter as NCFs.

But you didn't even specify your micro, so...

Just tie it to the ground.

Peter

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Now I realized that there is no need to monitor this pin as FCCU monitor unexpected activation of TEST mode.

pastedImage_1.png

You can find more details here:

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/application-notes/AN5259.pdf?&fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=1 

Peter