Hiya!  I've just downloaded an SDK for the k66F, and have found that none of the demo apps have a .kds file in them, meaning I can't import them.  Does anyone know why this has happened?  Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiya!  I've just downloaded an SDK for the k66F, and have found that none of the demo apps have a .kds file in them, meaning I can't import them.  Does anyone know why this has happened?  Thanks!

lexsandeford
Contributor I

Hiya!  I've just downloaded an SDK for the k66F, and have found that none of the demo apps have a .kds file in them, meaning I can't import them.  Does anyone know why this has happened?  Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lexsandeford
Contributor I

I've realised that I said .kds file when i meant .wsd file, sorry about that :smileysilly:

0 Kudos

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lex,

.wsd file is not need to import KDS project.

- goto main menu - FIle - Import - General - Existing Projects into Workspace

- select directory and the project from kds subfolder

Alternatively, you can also clone the project and create standalone project in KDS workspace using

- main menu - File - New - Kinetis SDK 2.x Project

- select SDK path

- select Boards - {board} - Examples - {example}

For this action you need latest version of New Project wizard from KDS update site. This feature also requires some metadata in SDK package, so might not be available for all SDK packages yet.

Regards

Marek

0 Kudos

lexsandeford
Contributor I

Hiya Marek

Thanks very much for your advice, I checked and KDS is selected in the toolchain section.  To be sure, I selected all toolchains and re-downloaded the SDK, but still within my KDS folder I have a .cproject and .project file, as well as a 'settings' folder containing some .launch files and a .ld file.  Do you have any idea why specifically the .kds file has been omitted?  Thanks again for your help!

Lex

0 Kudos

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lex,

double check selection of the toolchain in your configuration. In case you did not select KDS, the example projects for this tollchain will not be included.

Regards

Marek

0 Kudos