Parametrics for KV1x and FlexTimer Quadrature Decoding

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametrics for KV1x and FlexTimer Quadrature Decoding

ralphcorderoy
Contributor I

Hi, I'm interested in Quadrature Decoding for three Phase{A,B} inputs.  The FlexTimer module can do this, but it seems the 6-channel FTs don't make the Quadrature Decoding available, e.g. KV11P64M75RM.pdf, Rev. 3, May 2015, KV11 Sub-Family Reference Manual, covers the sixteen MKV{10,11}Z{64,128}V{FM,LC,LF,LH}7 and FTMx_QDCTRL appears in Ch. 36's memory map for FTM{0..5} suggesting that the 6ch FTM0 and FTM3 can do QD.  But Signal Descriptions and Multiplexing, 10.4.6 on page 189 has PH{A,B} for only FTM{1,2,4,5} and not the 6ch FTM{0,3} so the signals aren't made available?  Have I interpreted that correctly?

This matters because some KV10 have 1x6ch + 2x2ch, all with FTMx_QDCTRL, suggesting it would be sufficient for my three Phase{A,B}, but I'm getting the impression 6ch just don't make their QD available.

The Parametric chooser has a column "Quad Encoder", note "En", not "De".  The possible value seems to be just "1" as a checkbox, e.g. ARM Cortex-M0+|Kinetis KV1x Motor Control MCUs|NXP  What does this QE column refer to?  (Each column heading could do with a help bubble that pops up on hover to expand the definition.)  I couldn't find a FlexTimer column telling me how many of 6ch and 2ch were available.  How do I search for this?

Cheers, Ralph.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I have checked the reference manual of KV10, as you know that the KV10 sub-family has FTM0, FTM1 and FTM2, only FTM2 and FTM1 modules support quadrature decoder function.

pastedImage_1.png

The quadrature decodering have dedicated pins which are different from the FTM channel pins. For KV10, PTA1 is multiplexed with FTM2_QD_PHA, PTA2 is multiplexed with FTM2_QD_PHB. 

For KV10, PTB0 is multiplexed with FTM1_QD_PHA, PTB1 is multiplexed with FTM1_QD_PHB.

In other words, if you use FTM2 as quadrature decoder, pls connect PhaseA/PhaseB to PTA1 and PTA2. If you use FTM1 as quadture decoder, pls connect PhaseA/PhaseB to PTB0 and PTB1.

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos