cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1313 Peripheral Views Error

Jump to solution
mikesimmonds
Contributor III

I am still using IDE v 7.9 for backward compatibility reasons and the peripheral views only offers the windowed watchdog timer which the 1313 does not have (only the standard watchdog timer).

NB I have selected the correct MCU for the project.

I accept that you will not be releasing any fixes for version 7x, but I would like a confirmation that the error has been corrected in version 8.2 before I evaluate if it is worth exploring an update or not.

Regards, Mike.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This appears to be a long standing "issue" with the LPC13xx  SVD file (that forms the basis for populating the register contents of the LPCXpresso IDE's peripheral view) only containing the WWDT peripheral, not a WDT.

Thus there will be no difference in what you see here between LPCXpresso IDE v7.9 and 8.x

I seem to remember that the WWDT is a superset of the WDT though, with just a couple of extra registers. Are you actually seeing errors being triggered when you try to display the WDT/WWDT peripheral?

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Long standing in that the underlying file has been in use for around 3 years, but noone has ever spotted this issue before.

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This appears to be a long standing "issue" with the LPC13xx  SVD file (that forms the basis for populating the register contents of the LPCXpresso IDE's peripheral view) only containing the WWDT peripheral, not a WDT.

Thus there will be no difference in what you see here between LPCXpresso IDE v7.9 and 8.x

I seem to remember that the WWDT is a superset of the WDT though, with just a couple of extra registers. Are you actually seeing errors being triggered when you try to display the WDT/WWDT peripheral?

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos
mikesimmonds
Contributor III

See above.

0 Kudos
converse
Senior Contributor V

According to this document:

http://www.nxp.com/documents/data_sheet/LPC1311_13_42_43.pdf 

LPC1313 (and LPC1311) does have the Windowed Watchdog timer...

0 Kudos
mikesimmonds
Contributor III

@ Con Verse (ha ha)

Referring to the user manual UM10375:

18.1 How to read this chapter
This chapter describes the WDT block without the windowed watchdog features and
applies to the LPC1300 parts LPC1311/13/42/43.

19.1 How to read this chapter
This chapter describes the Windowed WDT available on the LPC1300L parts LPC1311/01
and LPC1313/01.

@ LPCX Support

I no longer need to debug the watchdog operation, but such sloppy QA scares me from moving away from 'the devil you know'.

Also 'long standing' and still not corrected does not inspire very much confidence.

Regards, Mike.

0 Kudos