Is it possible to change the used GPIO pins on Raspberry Pi for the OM5577 Kit?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change the used GPIO pins on Raspberry Pi for the OM5577 Kit?

armin_h
Contributor I

Hi everybody!

I am using the OM5577 Kit for the PN7120 on my Raspberry Pi 2 (running the OM5577 demo image). 

I wired the controller board directly to the pins of the Raspberry to get rid of the interface board and the controller works perfectly fine, but now i would like to add my display to the setup. The display uses the SPI interface and the PN7120 I²C, so i thought this should work.

The problem:

The display and the PN7120 controller are both using the pin#18 (GPIO24).

The display uses it for "Instructions/Data Register selection" and i think the PN7120 for resetting the chip.

Now I wondered if it might be possible to reassign the GPIO pins to use the pin#12 (GPIO18) instead of the pin#18.

Thank you!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please don't use one GPIO pin for two devices at the same time. If pin resource is available, please make sure each device has dedicated interface pins.

Hope that helps,
Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

armin_h
Contributor I

Thanks for your answer!

That is exactly my problem, both devices use PIN# 18.

That is why i would like to change the ven port from PIN#18 to PIN#12 to get no further interference, but i don't  know how to do the necessary changes in the device tree/platform data (like they are mentioned in "PN71x0 Linux Software Stack Integration Guidelines")

Greetings,

Armin

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Armin,

It is more likely a Raspberry Pi issue, so please kindly refer to the following for details:

Changing the default pin configuration - Raspberry Pi Documentation 

If you still have problem with it, you may post your question in Raspberry Pi • View forum - Device Tree .

Hope that helps,
Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos