installing S32 design studio on linux

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing S32 design studio on linux

alessiodemarchi
Contributor I

I tried to install S32 Design Studio on my linux box (Gentoo 64bit, plasma 5.x, etc etc)

I use this system for work, not for test or other thinks.

The installation of S32 Design Studio 1.2 seems to working well, since the request of activation key. I used the key found on S32 DS download page (on license tab), but the installer answers "key incorrect" every time, and the installation rolling back.

The same key, used on Windows system, work good.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies

alessiodemarchi
Contributor I

Of course, it is possible to add root as sudoers. But in my system I haven't installed sudo, beccause I don't need it. I think it is very strange ask to superuser to pretend to be a sudoers.

0 Kudos

alessiodemarchi
Contributor I

And also, if I use my user for install software in my home directory, why the installer ask me to be sudoers?

0 Kudos

alessiodemarchi
Contributor I

Now the S32 DS 1.3 is released. But now it is needed that the user must be sudoers.

But if I use root as user to install the software? (S32 DS installer don't work because it is needed that the user must be sudoers, also if the user is root, very strange)

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alessio,

I do not know Gentoo distribution, but Ubuntu distribution allows to add root user into the sudo group. I use following command usermod -a -G sudo root.

In your case there should be sudoers instead of sudo.

But from my point of view, I am not sure why you work directly as a root. You can run the S32DS installation under local used with root permission by writing sudo or su (I am not sure which command Gentoo uses) in front of the install command. Of course your local user has to be member of sudoers.

Please let me know, if it works.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos