Does the LPC175x have a dedicated USB OTG I2C bus?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the LPC175x have a dedicated USB OTG I2C bus?

Jump to solution
ryanbinns
Contributor I

The latest datasheet says: "The OTG Controller integrates the host controller, device controller, and a master-only
I2C-bus interface to implement OTG dual-role device functionality. The dedicated I2C-bus
interface controls an external OTG transceiver."

The pin function select registers state that the USB_SDA and USB_SCL signals are available only on ports P0.27 and P0.28 respectively, but that these pins are not available on the 80-pin package. The LPC175x chips are only available in the 80-pin package though, so it seems that this functionality is not available for these devices, despite the datasheet saying that it is.

So do these chips have the OTG I2C bus but it's not accessible to the outside world, or is the functionality available on different pins? Or is the datasheet incorrect and they don't actually have the OTG I2C bus interface?

Thanks,
Ryan

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ryan,

The reply is illustrated below.

"In the LPC175x (which is limited to 80 pin packages), it do not have the USB_SDA & USB_SCL signals. Hence the USB OTG User Manual chapter cannot be used."

Hope this is clear.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ryan,

The reply is illustrated below.

"In the LPC175x (which is limited to 80 pin packages), it do not have the USB_SDA & USB_SCL signals. Hence the USB OTG User Manual chapter cannot be used."

Hope this is clear.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ryan,

It seems very weird, and I'd like to contact with the document for checking.

I'll inform you ASAP if I get some reply.
Have a great day,

Ping

0 Kudos