cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

***Urgent*** PF3000 config file for i.MX7 SABRE eval board

Sebster
Contributor II

Hello,

I urgently need the PF3000 config file used in the i.MX7 SABRE (MCIMX7SABRE) for a customer. His board is an exact replicate of the MCIMX7SABRE. Would you be able to provide that to me as soon as possible please?

Does the PF3000 programmer allows us to "read back" and save the config file in the computer to which it is connected?

Thanks and best regards
SPA

10 Replies

floydlau
Contributor II

Gentlemen,

Thank you very much for all the help.  I believe the problem is solved now.  The board is up and all voltages are correct.

Cheers,

Floyd

RossMcLuckie
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks for the update and good news Floyd, helps us if you can close threads as answered when you have what you need, so we know there is no more follow up required.

Ross

0 Kudos

floydlau
Contributor II

Hmm... not sure how to close the threads as answered.  May need Sebster to close it since he started the thread.  :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

RossMcLuckie
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Don't worry about it Floyd, I don't actually know how to do it either, assumed it was just an option you could easily select, I normally try to answer questions, not ask them :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

RossMcLuckie
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can get the PF3000 datasheet here -

12-Channel Configurable PMIC|NXP 

Like most of our other PMIC's they come in various pre-configured orderable parts -

pastedImage_5.png

From the 7SABRE schematics you can see the specific PF3000 part number used, which is the A1 version -

pastedImage_6.png

Regards

Ross

Sebster
Contributor II

Hi Ross,

Thanks for your answer.

However, Floyd and I had both figured figured out the above. Our question was more precise, that is: Is the specific ".cfg" file used to program the PF3000A1EP version available? Can we download that file from the NXP website?

Thanks
Sebster

0 Kudos

RossMcLuckie
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sebster,

I'm not sure I see the logic/need for that, if you can buy the parts directly configured?

However the start-up configuration table in the datasheet should make it very easy to re-create any pre-programmed parts configuration file -

pastedImage_1.png

Regards

Ross

0 Kudos

RossMcLuckie
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi guys,

I spoke with the PMIC team and they have provided a zip with all the PF3000 pre-configured parts, I've attached here for convenience but I think the plan will be to create a specific community thread for this for all to easily access.

Also to answer the original question you had, yes you can read an existing parts configuration and save that as a usable config file.

Thanks

Ross

floydlau
Contributor II

Hi Ross,

Does that mean if I order MC32PF3000A1EP, then I don't have to program the chip at all.  I can just put it on the board and it will work?

Regards,

Floyd

0 Kudos

RossMcLuckie
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Correct, or at least it will perform as it does on the 7SABRE board, you can look at the PF3000 datasheet for details on the A1 operation, as well as all the others under the start-up configuration table.

Ross