cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC33907 and trace32 usage

manuelaielo
Contributor II

Hello,
I'm using a MPC5643L connected to MC33907 as SBC.

Is there any way to flash the code via lauterbach trace32 in Normal mode (no Debug mode activate)?

Thank you in advance

Best Regards,

Manuela

Labels (1)
4 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

there's no direct support for this in Lauterbach debugger. You have to write a script which will initialize the MCU, configure the SPI and disable the watchdog via SPI. The default timeout of watchdog is 256ms, so the script must be faster...

Regards,

Lukas

manuelaielo
Contributor II

Hi Lukas,

thanks for your answer. I need some more details.

For disable the WDT do you mean set the WDT window to disable?

256ms is the timeout to feed the first time the WDT, in the code I tried to disable the WDT without serving it, but the results was a reset. So is it possible do it?

Regards,

Manuela

0 Kudos

rweiss
Contributor V

Hi Manuela,

yes, you have to set the WDT window to disable. In order to get everything done in time, you have to use the Data.STARTUP commands. With Data.STARTUP.SEQuence you can define which values should be written to which address immediately after SYStem.Up or after Power-on (using SYStem.Mode.StandBy). You have to do everything    needed to send the required SPI commands to the SBC, i.e. ME_ME, SIUL, and DSPI. to If I understand the manual correctly, the 256ms configuration time is only available after power-on, so you have to use Data.STARTUP in combination with SYStem.Mode.StandBy. Here is a templace for the setup script:

;turn off target power

SYStem.CPU MPC5643L

;set up Data.STARTUP to send the SPI commands

Data.STARTUP.SEQuence SET <addr> %<width> <value> SET <addr> %<width> <value> ....

Data.STARTUP.ON

;set up StandBy mode to connect and halt core at power-on

Break.Set 0--0xFFFFFFFF /Program /Onchip

SYStem.Mode.StandBy

;turn on target power

If everything worked well, the core should be halted at the reset address now.

See general_ref_d.pdf for details on how to use Data.STARTUP.

Best regards,

Reinhard

manuelaielo
Contributor II

Thank you very much,

Best Regards,

Manuela

0 Kudos