cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistencies in the TSC chapter of the imx6ul manual

Jump to solution
sguy
Contributor III

While reading the TSC chapter (51) of the i.MX 6UltraLite Applications Processor Reference Manual (Document Number: IMX6ULRM Rev. 1, 04/2016), I noticed several inconsistencies and errors.

On Table 51-3, the second row contains "Connects to TSC ana YNUR". There is no YNUR signal. It should probably be "XNUR".

That table is also in contradiction with the first table on section 51.2.2.5. On the 51.2.2.5 table the y-measure uses channel 1 (5'b00010) and the x-measure uses channel 3 (5'b01000). On the other hand, Table 51-3 shows Y measurement is on channel 3 and X measurement of channel 1.

I believe that the second table is the correct one.

In addition, on section 51.3.2 the description of the PRE_CHARGE_TIME field is missing - it is replaced with a copy of the AUTO_MEASURE description from above.

Beside that, as reported on i.MX6UL Linux BSP TSC Driver consistency, the documentation of the ADC registers are inconsistent with the TSC. For example, on section 51.2.2.5 the second table refers to ADC_HC3, which is not mentioned in the ADC chapter (13).

Some clarifications about those inconsistencies will be much appreciated.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Guy,

You are absolutely correct! Table 51-3 should be XNUR and also Second table is correct. not sure about PRE_CHARGE_TIME, however I will report these issue on the documentation team, thanks for the catch!

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Guy,

You are absolutely correct! Table 51-3 should be XNUR and also Second table is correct. not sure about PRE_CHARGE_TIME, however I will report these issue on the documentation team, thanks for the catch!

Regards

0 Kudos