cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCScrypt - Programming via USB

mariuszwlodarcz
Contributor I

Hello,

I have problem with programming LPC1853 via USB.

My environment : Keil uVision, LPCScrypt 1.8.0, srec_cat (SRecord).

In my HW I have LPC1853 and external SPIFI flash. I would like to exchange code via USB0.

LPCScrypt can't program all memories (two internal memory Banks and ext. flash) . I need to split one final hex file into 4 small peaces - BankA, BankB, SPIFI, EEPROM.

Keil recommended to use srec_cat tool to do it. It works fine. I can program via LPCScypt (USB0) SPIFI and EEPROM, but I have a problem with internal flash Banks.

LPCSrypt shows error :

pastedImage_2.png

But I tried to program the same hex (WPS15_BankA.hex) via J-Flash (and JTAG) and it works fine. It adds checksum for this bank. And after programming a both banks via J-Flash a device works fine.

LPCScrypt has problem with the size, although I divided internal flash according to the instructions on the 2 banks (each 256kB).

PS. Keil instruction how to use srec_cat tool :

GENERAL: SPLITTING HEX FILES 

My instructions to split hex :

srec_cat.exe -Output_Block_Size=32 -address-length=4 .\Obj\WPS15.hex -Intel  -crop 0x1A000000 0x1A040000 -o .\Obj\WPS15_BankA.hex -Intel
srec_cat.exe -Output_Block_Size=32 -address-length=4 .\Obj\WPS15.hex -Intel -crop 0x1B000000 0x1B040000 -o .\Obj\WPS15_BankB.hex -Intel

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mariusz Wlodarczyk,

LPCScrypt can be used to download either plain binary files or binary files wrapped with a header, and other format files are not available.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

Looks like you have a HEX file and not a BINARY file... A hex file is an ascii encoding of binary data. A binary file is just the exact binary data you want written to the memory. LPCScrypt needs binary data, not ascii.

0 Kudos