cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iap1 and iap2 support in imx6qp sabre ai board

lavakumars
Contributor IV

hi,

I am using imx6qp sabre ai board for IVI system development . I am able to build system image and support service and all everything working fine. using yocto platform for building.

{PN: MCIMXABASEV1,MCIMX6QPAICPU3}

now I am trying to integrate iap1 and iap2 services unable to detect the iphone when connected .

please let me know does this board  support the MFI(Made for IPOD) . and iphone connectivity.

If no please let me know what I have to do to get iphone working.

Little help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Lavakumar S

4 Replies

lavakumars
Contributor IV

hi Ross Mcluckie,

Can you help on this.?

Regards,

Lava

0 Kudos

RossMcLuckie
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

For iAP support you will need to have one of Apple's co-processors installed, I believe these can only be bought through Avnet's MFI program now.

Do you have a base board, the part numbers you quote suggest so - MCIMXABASEV1

If you have not already access the supporting documentation, you can get it from here -

SABRE|Automotive-Infotainment|i.MX6|NXP 

If you look in the baseboard schematics (SCH-26662_e.pdf) you can find a couple of connectors on p7 that provide options for a co-processor connection.

You can ignore the Freescale option, this was from a long time ago and is no longer supported, legal requirement from Apple I believe, so you will have to go through Avnet to access the required module, additional details are in the schematic.

Regards

Ross

lavakumars
Contributor IV

hi Ross Mcluckie,

Now we have bought the MFI module from the apple connected to the j46 in the base board. looking forward to work on that can you help us with the procedure.

Do we need to write our own drivers are pre installed ones available..?

What next. Please help we are new to this.

Regards,

lava

0 Kudos

lavakumars
Contributor IV

hi Ross Mcluckie,

Thanks for your reply, yes  the freescale module is out of our scope as well big in size. will look into other chip

Regards,

Lavakumar S

0 Kudos