cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contradiction in reference manual K02P64M100SFARM

johnsmith3
Contributor I

Hi all,

I'm using a MK02FN64VFM10 and want to use a 25 MHz external crystal.

In reference manual K02P64M100SFARM, on page 503: 26.5 External Crystal / Resonator Connections it says:

"When using low-frequency, low-power mode, the only external component is the crystal or ceramic resonator itself. In the other oscillator modes, load capacitors (Cx , Cy ) and feedback resistor (RF) are required."

I conclude from this that Cx, CY and RF are always *required*, with LF-LP being the *only* exception...

But the table on the same page suggests that for HF-LP, the "crystal only" configuration can also be used....

Can someone please clarify this?

Regards,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

johnsmith3
Contributor I

So i can use a 25MHz crystal without external capacitors and without external resistor?

Is this a reliable solution?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Yes, that's right.

Customer can use connection 1 way with a 25MHz crystal, without load capacitors and external feedback resistors.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

When customer using the system oscillator in low-power mode, Rf is integrated and must not be attached externally. So there doesn't need the external feedback resistor.

Customer can select to use the internal load capacitors (Connection 1) or external load capacitors (Connection 3). There doesn't with any restriction when using system oscillator in low-power mode.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos