cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1769 Main oscillator doesn't ready or stable

marianovedovato
Contributor III

Hi everyone!
I'm reviewing a sitck (of embedded artist) that has troubles with the main oscillator.

I can see in debug mode that always any program will be stuck in the follow part of the initialization:

#define SCS_Value                0x00000020

SCS = SCS_Value;

if (SCS_Value & (1 << 5))               /* If Main Oscillator is enabled      */
        while ((SCS & (1<<6)) == 0);/* Wait for Oscillator to be ready    */  ---> STUCK

I have probed to change the crystal (12MHz) connected to the 22 and 23 pins but I still haven't luck.

The owner of the stick told me that him only it used with one test program, he don't remember to did any strange configuration.

Is there possible to recover the MCU to a kind special way of factory configuration? Or maybe the only solution is to change the MCU for other new part?

Thanks in advance!

BR

Mariano

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mariano,

This is the repeated post, you already post another question which is the same as this post.

I already answer you in your another post:

LPC1769 Main oscillator doesn't ready or stable 

If you have any question, please reply me in the above link.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

marianovedovato
Contributor III

Hi Kerry, yes, my mistake.

I opened keeping in mind was a question, but when I realized... was too late.

Thank you so much!

BR

Mariano