KV10 Multi-channel DAC via DMA ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KV10 Multi-channel DAC via DMA ?

mlnj
Contributor III

I would like to continuously sample the voltage at three different pins utilizing the ADC in conjunction with DMA.  It seems to me that this should be possible but I am not seeing how to do it.

DMA1 would take input from a memory based list of three channels, output to ADC0_SC1A and stall until reawakened by DMA2 DONE.

DMA2 would be triggered by ADC0 COCO and take input from ADC0_RA and output to a memory buffer for the three individual results and stall until the next COCO.

Is this possible?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hi
To provide the fastest possible support I want to point you to a 
similar question which has been answered on our NXP community. 
to view the details.
Sample code: cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4590SW.zip

Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
---------------

0 Kudos

mlnj
Contributor III

Thank you for what seems to be an Application Note which is highly relevant to my question.

The problem I had with it is that it talks about using the “Programmable Delay Block” but gives no indication about how to do this.

So I searched your website and found that there is an associated file, AN4590SW<http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4590SW.zip> , which seems to have the PDB code but there didn’t seem to be the associate “project” file that would enable me to import the code into KDS. (I find watching the registers change as devices, such as the PDB are set up, quite helpful in understanding how to make them work.) So if you could forward something like this to me I would be grateful.

ML/NJ

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You can find the some driver demos in the KSDK, and definitely, the PDB demo is included.

So please refer to it for details.

How to: install KSDK 2.0
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

mlnj
Contributor III

Hi there.

Back from Holiday …

I have KSDK2.0.

I cannot find in it a demo which together uses DMA, PDB, and ADC as in the application note that you suggested. I did try to import the code from the AppNote into a new project but I am running into trouble with missing include file &c.

Your help in getting this to work would be appreciated.

ML/NJ

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

The KSDK only provides the independent module demo, and the thread describes how to combine the ADC and DMA using KSDK to simulate a flexible peripheral storing the ADC results into a buffer stored in memory, please refer to it for details.

I think it is very helpful.
Have a great day,
Ping

0 Kudos