CodeWarrior "Last Day ..." warning window displayed, when CodeWarrior HC12 IDE v5.1 is opened (use of CWH-DONGLE / Perpetual Node Lock)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior "Last Day ..." warning window displayed, when CodeWarrior HC12 IDE v5.1 is opened (use of CWH-DONGLE / Perpetual Node Lock)

michelriviere
Contributor I

Hello! I have recently bought a permanent license for CODEWARRIOR Standard Edition (CWP-STANDARD-NL), with a USB Dongle (CWH-DONGLE / Perpetual Node Lock), for the continuous Engineering of an existing product with HC12 target.

I have installed CODEWARRIOR HC12 V5.1 STANDARD Edition on my 2 x PCs (Windows 7 Professional + Service Pack1), from "CodeWarrior for HCS12(X) Microcontrollers v5.1.exe" downloaded from NXP Site.

I have registered and activated my permanent license, on NXP Site, as documented.

On my first PC, CodeWarrior IDE works correctly, with USB_Dongle connected, and with the right "license.dat".

On my second PC, CodeWarrior IDE seems to work correctly, with USB_Dongle connected, and with the right "license.dat", but when I launch CodeWarrior IDE, the CodeWarrior "Last Day ..." warning window is always displayed (see "CodeWarrior_LastDay_Warning.jpg" file joined to this request), at IDE opening.

I don't know how to do, on the second PC, to not have the display of the CodeWarrior "Last Day ..." warning.

I have tried to re-install CodeWarrior HC12 V5.1 STD + FlexID Dongle Driver, 4 or 5 x times, on the second PC, but the result is always the same.

For information, when I select the menu "Help / License Authorization", in CodeWarrior IDE, on the first PC, I see the value of Dongle ID, in the row "Dongle ID", but when I perform the same action on the second PC, the "Dongle ID" area is empty.

I precise that, on the 2 x PCs, when I launch "lmtools.exe" (USB_Dongle connected to PC), in "System Settings" tab, I see the right value of Dongle ID in the "FLEXID" area.

Thanks in advance, for your help.

Michel

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

michelriviere
Contributor I

Hello Jennie,

Thanks for your answer, but I have omitted to precise that my 2 xPCs are in Windows7-32Bits configuration.

For the problem described, I have doubts about USB Dongle drivers.

I precise that on the 1st PC on which CodeWarrior HC12 v5.1 works fine, other HASP USB Dongles are used for other Development Tools, and it's not the case with the 2nd PC on which I have the CodeWarrior "Last Day ..." Warning window, at IDE opening.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Michel

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I suggest you create a case to license team to check your license file

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329745 

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

for CW 5.x ,     CodeWarrior Dev Tools for HCS12(X) MCUs|NXP USB dongle license configuration not supported on 64-bit Windows 7®

We can find this declaration at bottom left of this url:

CodeWarrior Dev Tools for HCS12(X) MCUs|NXP 

if user want to work dongle on 64bit win7 anyway. here is workaround that was found by my colleague.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos