cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior 10.5.1 Bareboard project can't connect Target MPC8309

Jump to solution
zhimingzhang
Contributor II
  1. Windows10 install CodeWarrior 10.5.1, CodeWarrior TAP over USB, target is 8309SOM
  2. Erase 8309SOM NOR flash UBOOT
  3. Bare project can't connect target 8309SOM. When Run display: CCSProtocolPlugin : Failed to reset the target
    [CCS last error: mpc83xx: cannot put the target into DEBUG mode ]

Original Attachment has been moved to: 201611161602_DiagnosticInfo.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
zhimingzhang
Contributor II

Hi, Yiping

Now CodeWarior 10.5.1 bareboard project program can connect 8309SOM and run.

I want to program 8309SOM NOR flash uboot. Target Tasks->Import->8309SOM_NOR->add Unprotect and Erase and Program action, but the 'Execute' button is grey, can't run flash program task.

I want to know the correct step to program uboot to 8309SOM.

Thanks.

zhangzm@itserve.com.cn

View solution in original post

5 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello zhiming zhang,

First probably there is no valid RCW on your target board, please refer to the section "8.4 Setting up a remote system to use a JTAG configuration file" in C:\Freescale\CW_PA_v10.5.1\PA\Help\PDF\Targeting_PA_Processors.pdf to use CodeWarrior JTAG configuration file to override RCW on the target board.

If your problem remains, please enable and capture CCS log, then send it to me to do more investigation.

Please enable CCS log from "Run->Debug Configurations -><project>-core0_RAM_-Connect(Download)->Edit...->Advanced->Advanced CCS setting->Enable logging", and connect to the target from "Run->Debug Configurations-><project>-core0_RAM_-Connect(Download)->Debug”, the CCS log will be displayed in the console panel in CodeWarrior IDE.

If the CCS log in the console is truncated, please enlarge  the console buffer from Window->Preferences->Run/Debug->Console->uncheck "Limit console output".

(Please open the console panel from Window->Show View->Console, and if nothing displayed, please choose the correct session on the right top icon in the panel.)

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

zhimingzhang
Contributor II

Hi, Yiping

Now CodeWarior 10.5.1 bareboard project program can connect 8309SOM and run.

I want to program 8309SOM NOR flash uboot. Target Tasks->Import->8309SOM_NOR->add Unprotect and Erase and Program action, but the 'Execute' button is grey, can't run flash program task.

I want to know the correct step to program uboot to 8309SOM.

Thanks.

zhangzm@itserve.com.cn

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please use CodeWarrior to connect to the target board first from Run->Debug Configuration, then the 'Execute' button will turn green.

Thanks,

Yiping

zhimingzhang
Contributor II

Now I can execute diagnose and erase.Capture2.PNG

Then add program action 

Prog.PNG

When execute 8309SOM Nor Flash program task failed.

Failed.PNG

Which step is error?

0 Kudos
zhimingzhang
Contributor II

JTAG_CONFIG.PNG

0 Kudos