cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIPI display interface

tanvidesai
Contributor II

Hello,

I have i.mx6 custom board.I want to interface MIPI display and enable back light of LCD. I am using TIANMA  LCD which have model no TM040YDHG32.And it has driver IC HX8369-A01.

So, to enable back light i need to program   DSI , D-PHY initialization and hx836 and after that i need to enable lcd pin and back light pin.Is this a correct sequence to enable back light?

Or i need to program only  DSI , D-PHY initialization and after that i need to enable lcd pin and back light pin.

This is bare metal code.Tell me a correct sequence of MIPI display Interface.

Thanks 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is no direct relation between the initialization/operation of the MIPI interface itself and backlight switching on/off. It can be done at any point.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

RossMcLuckie
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

There should be no real connection between the MIPI display initialisation and the back-light enable, you should be free to switch the back-light on at any point.

However it is likely to make more sense to initialise the display completely before switching the back-light on from a user perspective. Once the back-light is enabled the users attention will be drawn to the display and if it has not been initialised you have no way to know what will be visible to the user.

Regards

Ross

0 Kudos