AnsweredAssumed Answered

JN5169 turn off receiver?

Question asked by Robert Koontz on Nov 11, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 22, 2016 by Mario Ignacio Castaneda Lopez

I have been experimenting with the JN-AN-1189 Zigbee HA project.  Specifically the Dimmer Switch setup.  I have set it to performing sampling multiple times per second and sleep when not sampling as I intend to use this on a battery.  I am currently having it only TX/RX when necessary but during that roughly 2 second window when it handles the network handshaking I am seeing the unit pull about 13mA of power.  Most of this seems to be because the receiver is coming on and staying on during this window (I'm monitoring this via oscilloscope on DIO2).  It only transmits in very short bursts(also monitored via oscilloscope on DIO3).  The battery I would like to use is not going to support having the receiver on for the entire networking task window even if I can cut it down to 1 second.  Is there anything I can do through the JenNet IP stack to limit the time the receiver is on?  So far the only option I can find is to switch over to the IEEE 802.15.4 stack which would allow me to shut off the receiver.

Outcomes