cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BasicDiscoveryLoop scheduling

smiwa
Contributor III

Hi,

I have a question about the task scheduling of card detection for BsicDiscoveryLoop in Library.

main function calls BasicDiscoveryLoop_Demo() as a detection loop and phacDiscLoop_Run(pDataParams, wEntryPoint) is executed in bot polling and listening mode in it. Tough that function is written in while(1) loop, it execute only twice when detecting the card presence.

Question is how this procedure is controlled? I suppose INT that PN5180 sends when it detect RF change triggers to start detection loop. Is it correct? If so, which handler handles with its IRQ? And what function is executed by its handler?

Thank you for your support!

Best regards,

S. Miwa 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

smiwa
Contributor III

Hello Christian san,

Thank you for supporting every time!

Our using CPU is Renesas RX621 series. I think as your library looks very smart, I want to use it as much as possible except the hardware difference.

Now you tell me RF_IRQ_Handler() in phPlatform.c. In that handler, I think CPU specific function are called. So could you tell me what function is executed subsequently?

Best regards,

S. Miwa

0 Kudos

christianeisend
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Let's say, there are a couple of interrupts from PN5180 until it detects a card.

To be more precise: The PN5180 is just an RF frontend, it has no knowledge about digital card protocols and activation sequences and does not autonomously perform card detection and activation. It just knows how to send data out over RF to a card and receive data back from card. The data to be sent out comes from the host/reader library. Data coming back from the card is read out by the host from PN5180 receive buffer and the host/reader library then performs digital protocol handling according to ISO14443, FeliCa, 18092, 15693 etc.

Usually, the PN5180 raises an interrupt in case an asynchronous event on PN5180 happens:

This could be when a timer inside the PN5180 times out, when transmission over RF is done, when reception over RF is done, and others. The handler in software is in phPlatform.c, function RF_IRQ_Handler()

When porting the Library to your platform/micro controller, you need to ensure the microcontrollers IRQ handler for the GPIO IRQ to which PN5180 IRQ line is connected, calls RF_IRQ_Handler(). What is your target platform/host controller? Is it one of LPC1769 or LPC11u68, for which the support is already included in the library?

0 Kudos