cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using USB dongle license from CW 4.6 in CW 5.2 under Win 7

christianfrick
Contributor I

Dear all

We were using CodeWarrior 4.6 on a Windows XP computer but had to change to Windows 7. Since CW 4.6 doesn't support Win 7, I installed "CodeWarrior Development Studio for the S12(X) Version 5.2, build 151127". It works fine but the license will end in 30 days.

We have two USB dongles and I tried to port their license to the new setup. Lmtools does correctly detect the USB dongle and is able to start the lmgrd service. But the service quits automatically after a very short time (around a second). However, CodeWarrior doesn't recognize the USB dongle.

Please find attached the license for the two USB dongles.

Is the license we bought for CW 4.6 valid for CW 5.2? If not, how much costs a new one?

Is it somehow possible to run CW 5.2 with the current USB dongles? Or do we have to change it to another kind of license?

Thanks a lot and best regards

Christian Frick

Original Attachment has been moved to: license.dat.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TomasPaez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

License file you attached has the following serial number XXXX-XXXX-F8573-2E371 which relates to support for SW 4.5 version.

This license file comes from suite assigned CWP-STANDARD-NL_16XXX to roland.oderXXXX@kistler.com, which supports expired on 04/12/2009 however you do have access to version 5.2 but license file needs to be updated.

Win 7 64 bit usually supports dongle devices, however we have seen some unstable behavior for this USB dongles on win 7 32 bit, on this case we suggest to use disk serial num instead.

I recommend to use disk serial IDs instead of dongle.

Regards