AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problems with the PC reader included in the kit "NTAG I2C plus Explorer kit with reader"

Question asked by Jean-Louis VERN on Nov 9, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 5, 2016 by Jorge_Gonzalez

Hello,
I bought an "NTAG I2C plus Explorer Kit with reader OM5569/NT322ER" (and "NTAG I2C plus Explorer Kit" without reader kit OM5569/NT322E). I have several problems with the USB reader and/or software NTAG I2C Demo :

1) the directives in UM10966 for installation in Win7 do not work if you have a family version because gpedit.msc is not provided (no big deal, I use other PCs that run under WIndows 10)

2) the reader will was not recognized by NTAG I2C Demo until you provide a firmware update for the iDentiv uTrust 3700F (on 10/18/2016)
3) from updating the firmware, the reader is well recognized, however, when I read a tag provided with the kit (NT3H2211), only 992 bytes are read, while the Android application reads 1928 bytes (Samsung S5).

4) in some cases, the reader requires a password and offers (SUN, STAR, or MOON) while the Android app does not ask anything. When the PC reader request a password, it sometimes (1/10) still displays the result. What should we do with the password SUN STAR and MOON?

Moreover, it is a shame that we can not save what is read with NTAG I2C Demo ...

Best regards

Jean-Louis

Outcomes