cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange beetle symbol

pavelhudecek
Contributor III

Hi,

At the left from the line number is appeared symbol in the form of orange beetle.
If I move the mouse on this symbol, tooltip "Return has value, in function returning void" is shown.
Function is void, contains a two returns and all are "return;"

The symbol is on the first line after "{". This line is a comment.

On the project icon, folder icon and source icon is the red "x" shown. At the right from the source box the red rectangle is shown. It is as if error occurred.

But the function has compiled properly and working properly.

All these symbols never disappear.

It is started after I experimented with the "Customize perspective..."

How can I correct this?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

converse
Senior Contributor V

I did not know the hint from AVT, so I tried it and it works! I see the beetle symbols. Are you sure you do not have this set in your project or workspace?

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It would be helpful to see a screenshot of what you are trying to describe.

It's possible that you are seeing  the IDE's indexer and the compiler getting out of sync.  You could try right clicking on the project in the Project Explorer view, and selecting Index-> Rebuild

Also, please confirm what version of LPCXpresso IDE are you using?

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

pavelhudecek
Contributor III

LPCXpresso v8.1.4 [Build 606] [2016-03-14] 

Project was imported from examples "Demos switch blinky", it has been adapted to work with my board and the original code was replaced by my code.

The problem looks like this:

beetle.png

After I try to clean up project and rebuild all, the beetle disappeared, but the "x" symbols remains. It happened on my home computer. Next I sync the Dropbox and go to work. At a work computer the beetle appeared again, as shown in the screenshot.

After compilation this function properly works on my board.

0 Kudos

pavelhudecek
Contributor III

Update: If I place /* at start and */ at end of this function, the beetle and "x" symbols stay. It's staying after the clean up, rebuild and reindex.

A Beetle is not more bothered me, but the "x" is no different from the indicator of real error in code.

0 Kudos

pavelhudecek
Contributor III

Update: The beetle is not orange. It is red, but sometimes is something yellow underneath.

0 Kudos

avt
Contributor III

Sounds like you have activated the Code Analysis features of LPCXpresso - it is trying to help you write better code! Open your project properties, on the left part of the dialog, select C/C++ General, and then the Code Analysis sub-section. You may have changed this setting for the project, or perhaps the whole workspace. (on this dialog, you will see all off the coloured beetles!)

HTH

0 Kudos

pavelhudecek
Contributor III

Thanks, I saw this settings, there were a lot of colored beetles. But all is unchecked.

0 Kudos